Saturday, May 13, 2017

The Art of Academia (Index)



[Updated August 2019]

Over the years, I have written a number of posts that can be loosely grouped under the label 'how to' or 'self help'. I am not a big fan of this genre of writing. The internet is replete with self-help gurus and lifestyle engineers who will promise to maximise your potential, leverage your capacities, and help you put several dents in the universe.

Nevertheless, I do find it occasionally useful to step back from the substance of what I am doing (the intellectual questions that pique my curiosity and that I try to answer) to reflect on the processes underlying what I do, and seeing if they can be improved. On top of that, in that past couple of years, I have been teaching an undergraduate module on how to research, write, and present. This means that I have been forced to articulate the methods underlying what I do for a wider audience.

Anyway, I thought I would group together all of the writing I have done on what I am calling the 'The Art of Academia' (i.e. the art of research, writing, teaching and building an academic career). Some people might find these posts useful. If you would like a PDF of the various 'posters' included in these articles, you can download it here.
























No comments:

Post a Comment