Myself and Neil McArthur's edited book Robot Sex: Social and Ethical Implications (MIT Press 2017) has been featured in a number of recent media pieces. Although this topic is usually treated with excessive hyperbole by the media, we have managed to secure some pretty good, substantive engagement with the ideas in the book in some outlets (partly because we wrote some of it). I'm collecting links to these pieces here. If you know of any other coverage, please let me know.
[Also if you'd like to buy or review the book on Amazon, I wouldn't be displeased...]
- 'Kunstigt Klimaks' (roughly: 'Artificial Orgasm') - Weekendavisen, 15th September 2017 by Anne Jensen Sand. (This is in Danish so I have no idea what it says)
- 'How Sex Robots Could Help with the Nuts and Bolts of Relationships' - The Guardian, 3rd October 2017 - (this is an opinion piece authored by myself and Neil)
- 'Falling in Love with Sexbots' - by Brian Appleyard in The Sunday Times News Review, 22nd October 2017 (sadly behind a subscription wall -- though you can get free access by signing up)
- 'Robot Sex: A Book for the Enlightened Sapiosexual' - by Jenna Owsianik in Future of Sex, 3rd November 2017
- 'Philosophers on the 'intriguing ethics' of sex robots' - by Joe Humphreys in The Irish Times, 21st November 2017
- 'Why human-robot relationships are totally a good thing' - by Luke Dormehl in Digital Trends, 25th November 2017.
- 'Hot Tech: U of M Prof Makes the Case for Sexbots' - by Samantha Samson in CBC News, 28th November 2017.
- 'Could sex robots result in happier marriages? New book examines possibility' - by Mike Brown in Inverse, 3rd December 2017
Audio and Video Interviews
- 'Episode 114: John Danaher on Having Sex with Robots' - Singularity Bros Podcast, 23rd October 2017
- 'Robot Sex: Social and Ethical Implications' - interview with Adam Ford on Youtube, 1st November 2017
- 'Is sex with robots ethical?' - interview Neil McArthur did with The Manitoban about the book, 1st December 2017
- 'Episode 84: Sex Robots - To **** or not to **** (w/John Danaher)' - Future Left Podcast
- 'Episode 33: McArthur and Danaher on Robot Sex: Social and Ethical Implications' - Algocracy and Transhumanism Podcast