Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Request

,

I don't really like to do much work promoting this blog or my own academic work. Something within me recoils at the thought. But at the same time, lurking beneath my veneer of modesty, there is an ego longing for attention and acclaim. And while I'd probably continue writing blog posts even if no one read them, part of me would like to have (a few) more readers. Also, part of me knows that promotion of this sort is necessary in my line of work.

Consequently, I'd like to issue a mild plea for people to share my blog posts - if they like them - on the various social media outlets included in the buttons on this blog. I know it's not difficult since I do it myself all the time. The buttons are there on each blog post, and pretty much everyone is active on some social network these days. If you did, I would be most appreciative. And I'd like to thank all the people who do this already. I may not get the chance to thank you all personally, but I really am grateful.

Finally, I'd also like to draw people's attention to the fact that you can follow the blog on twitter, facebook and google plus (which makes sharing posts even easier). The links are all in the sidebar. You can also follow my actual academic work on academia.edu (link is in the sidebar again). I haven't updated my page on academia.edu in a while. But I will definitely be doing so quite soon. I have quite a number of works in progress at the moment, and will be uploading them in due course.

Anyway, that's enough of a plea for the time being. I may be engaging in other shameful acts of self-promotion before the end of the summer. You have been forewarned.

No comments:

Post a Comment